- Quality Swiss Chard seeds packaged by Seed Needs. Intended for the current and the following growing season. Packets are 3.25" wide by 4.50" tall and come with a full colored illustration on the front side, as well as detailed sowing instructions on the reverse.
- This mixture of Swiss Chard will produce red, pink, white, yellow and orange stalks with dark green leaves above. Each stalk will mature to roughly 10 inches in length and the plants grow to a mature height of about 16 to 20 inches tall.
- Swiss Chard, also referred to as a leaf beet, can be enjoyed raw in salads or cooked as well. The leaves of Swiss chard are mainly used as a spinach substitute and if cooked, they will give off a milder flavor.
- Categorized as a beet, chosen for it's tender green foliage, all Swiss Chard varieties are descendants of Beta maritima, also known as "Sea Beets." The Sea Beet is wildly grown along the shorelines of the Atlantic and Mediterranean coasts of Europe.
- All Swiss Chard seeds sold by Seed Needs are Non-GMO based seed products and are intended for the current & the following growing season. All seeds are produced from open pollinated plants, stored in a temperature controlled facility and constantly moved out due to popularity.
Swiss Chard (Beta vulgaris)